Sunday, January 23, 2011

Updates

Okay, so today I got a friend to look at Renney (as I've been calling her in my mind. Yes. It's a girl car) and see about how much it's going to cost to get her up and running again.
So everyone say goodbye to $2500.
Actually, everyone doesn't need to say goodbye to it. Just me. I need to say goodbye to it.

Anyway, my friend took a look at her, started pulling parts of the engine apart, hooked another battery to it, and tried to turn over the engine.
And it didn't turn.
BUT
BUT
BUT
It tried. It really tried. And my car knowing friend said that it was just that the gas had probably gone bad.
So yay? I don't know.
According to CarKnowingFriendofKnowledge, most of the problems are not in the car itself but are more complications from the car having lived under a pine tree for 8 years.
Original owners of car said that the engine had started running bumpy and out of sync before they banished her to live under a tree. According to CKFoK that's because the timing belt went bad.

You might be able to tell that I have no idea what I'm doing.
BUT
BUT
BUT
I'm learning things.

And while we were working on it, the neighbor helpfully said, "That car hasn't moved in about 12 years." CKFoK said, "Oh. I heard more like 8." Now just imagine that with the intonation that you'd say, "Oh, I don't really care about your input, go to hell," and you'd have it down perfectly.

In other news, yes. It's been an incredibly long time since I've posted anything.


In more news, I don't really have anything to say. Just that progress is happening, though slowly.
Yay progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment